CHESINI BIKE ADVENTURE


With the Tour de France starting this weekend I thought I'd do a post bicycle related and what better than about my beloved Chesini!

Chesini, is a 1970's Italian made bicycle from Verona, that in it's day won an award in The Bicycles Oscars.

So far this so called summer I have managed to go on a few adventures which I highly recommend. 

Orginally a bit apprehensive of cycling in London, I have since found it addictive! 

Richmond Park and St Petersham Nurseries was a great day. I got there from New Cross via the London Overground. My cycle buddy for the day, Ruth, met me at Hoxton on route.


We even managed to get to the top for a well earned drink and a superb view of Richmond Park. Unfortunately due to lack of bike locks we didn't stay to sample the culinary delights of Petersham Nurseries but I will be definitely going back soon to amend this! www.petershamnurseries.com/


The next adventure was a little closer to home. The Horniman Museum, Forest Hill via the Forest Hill Food Fair for a bit to eat.



We decided on a Van Dough pizza at the food fair, which was freshly made infront of us. Then baked in a wood-fired oven in the back of their Citroen H Van. So good, so fresh! I highly recommend you search these guys out - www.vandough.co.uk/



After our lunch we continued our cycle up to the Horniman Museum. Again, there is rather a big hill to climb but well worth it!



This is how I'd imagined a museum to be when I was a child. Lots of diagrams and glass cases filled with stuffed animals with their Latin names below. It was like stepping back in time.





 The day rounded off with a '99. Can't get much better than that!


Hope to post more adventures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment